There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information or to communicate with other people. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Portfolio mobile Account, posting information in our online forum or uploading data, we can make those services even better. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, device ids, and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to Portfolio mobile so whether you are new to Portfolio mobile or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information necessary to support services to users as well as information to enhance the products and services that we offer.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Portfolio mobile Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your email address. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Portfolio mobile Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your email address.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the devices and services that you use and how you use them, like when you access a feature in one of our applications or you visit our website. This information includes:
- Device information We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information). Portfolio mobile may associate your device identifiers with your Portfolio mobile Account.
- Log informationWhen you use our services or view content provided by Portfolio mobile, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Portfolio mobile Account.
- Location information We may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Portfolio mobile when you subscribe to that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates or updated data.
- Local storage We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers We use various technologies to collect and store information when you use a Portfolio mobile service, and this may include sending one or more cookie or anonymous identifiers to your device.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Portfolio mobile and our users.
We may use the name you provide for your Portfolio mobile Account across all of the services we offer that require a Portfolio mobile Account.
When you contact Portfolio mobile, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your Portfolio mobile Account by using the Portfolio mobile web portal.
- You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Portfolio mobile unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Portfolio mobile when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Portfolio mobile if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Portfolio mobile, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Portfolio mobile and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We require password verification to access your Portfolio mobile Account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Portfolio mobile employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.